Sunday, July 5, 2015 :: All About Beauty - Graceous & Datsumo Labo


(Before I begin my blogpost, can y'all see the tuft of baby hair growth sticking out like a sore thumb? Hehe on my next round of scalp treatment, aminexil and densifique treatment for hair fall control and more hair growth!) 

My favourite places to go for my beauty touch-ups every month have to be Salon Vim, Graceous, Datsumo Labo and bimonthly, IDS. I make it a point to set aside 1-2 days a month to do at least a treatment on my hair, fix my lashes and have IPL done on my body. The significance of beauty to me is to make myself feel confident and good about myself - and that starts from having healthy hair, glowing skin and accentuating my eyes (which I consider as one of my favourite features). On hindsight, this post can be perceived as a superficial blabberish but really, I take it as a form of respect to myself that I take time out for self grooming. It is all about improving my own self-image and esteem. 

On a lighter note, after working with Graceous for nearly 1.5 years now, I am so happy that they have now opened their second outlet at Bugis (Purvis Street to be exact)! Gone were the days when you call in just to find out that the next available appointment is 3 weeks away! 

Graceous has really graceful techniques in attaching individual lashes to your real lashes such that it does not hurt your real lashes nor cause any irritation to your eyes. I have been on eyelash extensions for the longest time! Two good things about eyelash extensions - Firstly, with eyelash extensions, I do not rub my eyes when I feel sleepy (yes I actually have a habit of doing that last time and it's quite bad! You get lines from rubbing and tugging at your eyes!) and secondly, I can totally skip the step of eye liner as fuller lashes means and illusion of a full lash line! 





Bugis Outlet *New Outlet*
26A Purvis Street
Tel: +65 8799 2454

River Valley Outlet
9 Mohamed Sultan Rd 
#03-02
Tel: +65 8699 6045


-- 



A recent beach holiday experience with a group of girls have prompted me to sit down and write this post as we are now entering the bikini season which means more women will be booking their waxing appointments and I need to be quick about what I wish to share about. 

With how fast technology is advancing in our time, I am surprised there are still women out there doing hair removal via waxing. Other than it being so unbearably painful, you actually worsen your hair growth and make your hair thicker. A common consensus that came up in our conversation during HTH talks over the beach holiday is waxing actually increases your hair growth AND the area of hair growth. Let me be explicit here. Two of the girlfriends experienced hair growth creeping TOWARDS their thigh from the pubic region after years of waxing appointments - with the hair growth and the thickness/coarseness of hair not being reduced as promised by who else, yes your usual therapists.

I personally experienced this as well in the past. And each girl thought it only happened to herself. But no, so many of us have experienced the same issues with waxing. Even if it may not happen to you, the fact remains it is happening to others. The switch to IPL is the one decision I never regret after 3 years of waxing experiences and empty promises that "your hair growth will be drastically reduced" and "you need to do more waxing sessions to see the results" blah blah. Let me not go into the science behind why waxing WILL NOT reduce your hair growth because it involves scientific jardon like how the disulphide bond that forms between keratin causes your hair to thicken and curl. Yes I told you I am a very "science" person haha. And my point here is, go for IPL. It is better for you and your skin in the long term. You can prevent a sagging pubic region too in time to come - just imagine the wax strips tugging at your most delicate areas month after month. The result? I guess I leave it up to you to figure that out. 

At Datsumo Labo, I frequent the branch at Orchard Central where my favourite therapist, Janice, is! I go for monthly sessions for IPL removal at these areas - Underarms, brazilian area, full legs, full arms, back. I am intending to achieve completing an almost full body hair removal by my wedding day. I know I am referring to some beauty standards here but I honestly find body hair beastly and just not attractive. 

I have been visiting Datsumo Labo for close to a year now and ever since I experienced how hair removal can lighten the look of my skin (because beastly black hairs actually makes your overall skin tone look even darker than it actually is) coupled with IPL which helps to lighten and brighten my skin tone (especially underarm and bikini areas), I AM SOLD

Not to be misleading, IPL is not completely permanent. Baby hairs still grow from the follicles but the hair growth is sooooo fine you almost cannot see it. Well, I can't fault that ;) On some areas, you may completely eradicate hair growth (which I truly appreciate especially on the brazilian areas heh) of course, with the proper amount of treatments and most importantly, A GOOD THERAPIST

Up till now, I have achieved close-to-permanent body removal on some parts of my body which makes me feel confident when I don a bikini - I'm referring to places like my full arms, full legs, brazilian areas and stomach. 

On a mission now to achieve full body hair removal when I don my gown for my wedding. I am looking at...probably a backless gown like those from Galiahav so....we shall see! Usually you will need 3 years to completely remove all body hairs but Datsumo Labo only requires 1 year due to their unique treatment periods and of course, the efficacy of their treatment machines ;) 


Datsumo Labo
Orchard Central Shopping Mall
181 Orchard Central
#04-16
Singapore 238896
Tel: 6884 6482

Labels: , , , , ,

With Love,
Tricia

0 comments

Post a Comment


~