Monday, October 6, 2014 :: Styled Wedding Shoot



They say when you radiate positive thoughts or your wants to the universe, you attract positive forces that go in tandem with what you radiate from within. So while searching through the sea of reviews for recommended photographers we can use for our pre-wedding shoot, I receive invitations from a couple of wedding vendors to put together a styled shoot. John and I thought this is the perfect opportunity as it allows us to experience first hand what to expect for an outdoor (or even overseas) shoot, what to keep a look out for, and basically to do this shoot together before we go for the real thang as we have never done any lovey-dovey couple shoots before (well, other than pathetic self-timer shots). Granted I am a camera whore but John is far from it and tend to be queasy in front of the camera, we’d like to be prepared for our shoot in the near future as we are exploring heading overseas to shoot ;) 
The moment I saw the photos from Smittenpixels Photography, I was captivated by the dreamy, romantic and peaceful nature loving look. Definitely a far cry from our busy lives. Looking at these photos gives us an unpretentious calm of a morning walk, the honesty and bareness of it as you stroll in a quiet park in the wee hours of a morning. Seeing these photos reassured us for the kind of location we are looking at for our engagement shoot – nature, an unpretentious location, with nothing around except us against the world. 

Gowns by Le Seine Bridal, Styling and Set-Up by Le Fairymeadow, Makeup and Hair by Pearlyn Law and Photography by Smittenpixels Photography. More about these wonderful wedding vendors below.  





Having worked with Fiona from Smittenpixels Photography since few months back for VainGloriousYou, I like how Fiona allow things to unravel naturally forward in its own fashion with less posing. In that way, Fiona was able to document the romance and initimacy I share with John by capturing the raw emotions. This is about finding a photographer who understands that a wedding shoot isn't just a shoot but more of being able to achieve a photo so powerful that it can evoke strong emotions when viewed. Because ultimately, they are the only tangible thing you hold close to your heart as years goes by. 

And for this photo, I will always remember John whispering into my ears "You are so beautiful, dear. I love you so much". And I smiled.

:*)






The ethereal looking fresh-faced makeup and hair was done by Pearlyn Law, who told me on the day "Being perfect isn't real, let me enhance your beauty by playing up your best features to create an effortless flawless makeup". Although I have only slightly-better-than passable standard of makeup, I thought doing my own makeup would be even nicer than working with a makeup artist as "I know what is best for my looks". But Pearlyn actually proved me wrong...I never thought that I would look good with a pinkish tinge makeup look and that I do not need layers of eye makeup to look good for something as important as a wedding shoot. It turned out looking so natural in the photos..:*) 

I love putting a face to names so let me introduce Pearlyn Law who did everything above and beyond the duties of a makeup artist. She ensured that I was properly hydrated, making sure my hair fall at the right places in every frame. Even John's imperfections were properly concealed to ensure there is minimal touch up on our faces on the computer. She even take it upon herself to take care of my darling, Tintin, who I had insisted to be included in this outdoor shoot as...she is family :) 
Really love to see behind-the-scenes photos like this which are so memorable..:) The smiles behind each photo also represent how everyone worked in tandem, cooperatively and yet enjoying the moments with each other to ensure the bride and groom feel as comfortable as we can be in the shoot. Haha look, even Tintin feels at ease with so many unfamiliar faces around!
Pearlyn has been in this line for the longest time and seeing how much dedication she put in into guiding me on makeup and hair, this woman has so much passion for her job I am sure all her clients felt her heart and soul when working with her. It's no wonder she is always fully booked during peak periods :)




My hairstyle inspired by bohemian and braids. It was my concern when I conveyed to Pearlyn I do not wish to do a bun up for all my styles and lose the essence of my signature long hair look so she gave me this by weaving in braids and letting loose wisps of long fringe. Simply adore this look when worn with the matching floral head piece! :*) 





This shoot was held at a secluded and peaceful location deep inside MacRitchie Reservoir Park and the place came to life by styling from Le Fairymeadow. Zyn (the brainchild behind Le Fairymeadow) knowing that I am someone who have a soft side for flowers, created such a lovely bouquet for me with matching headpiece that is not overdone and unique. I am always endlessly pleased by floral gifts, or anything floral. My heart always melt when John heads out early in the morning to surprise me in bed with a fresh and fragrant floral arrangement before I open my eyes. Don’t ask me why but I like to remember how I received them. They seem to be able to evoke powerful emotions and memory of the person who gives them to me, how it was given, what did he wear, what fragrance did he use when I plant a kiss on his cheek – basically the loveliness of the moment. Just like this moment, captured in time.. 

Brought this lovely bouquet home with me at the end of the day and it has to be the most beautiful bouquet I have ever decorated the house with. Made of plumosa fern, eryngium, purple mentha, pink peonies, white peonies and pink sweet william, this bloom represents the softer side of me with its softer pinks and rustic greens. 
 


My adorable little pie with her own floral "neck piece" which Zyn surprised me with hehe.



The dreamy floral arch by Le Fairymeadow erected against a backdrop of reservoir, swamp-like trees  evoke powerful visualizations of my all-time favourite and highly raved scene from The Notebook. It is against a background like this where I wish to say my vows.. 



For my second bouquet, I tasked Zyn from Le Fairymeadow to give me a bouquet that can emulate the other part of me which is currently discovering her sensuality and womanhood as she progresses on to the next stage of her life. The darker blooms in this bouquet bring out the sensuality in me and no one other than John can put it better in words. His words exactly "You know what dear, this bouquet is just like you - beautiful and soft like a fairy, yet romantic and sexy like how you are when I am around you". (Awww, tell me any woman who will not swoon hearing these words) 


Pearlyn even changed my hair into a braided up-do in less than 10 minutes! 




My gowns are from Le Seine Bridal situated in a second storey cosy shophouse at Serangoon Garden (near Chomp Chomp). It was love at first sight for this gown when my fingers ran through the intricate lace of this gorgeous piece even before I took it down from its hanging rack! Liz from Le Seine Bridal had it altered to fit my petite frame even through it is not easy to make alterations on a gown which is adorned in fragile lace fabric. Thank you Liz!! 

Didn't think I can fit nicely into a mermaid gown given my shapeless petite body. But it is really illusion at its best when I stepped into this gown. John couldn't believe his eyes when I stepped out in this gown, haha that rascal. Liz further advised I am able to take on almost any gowns given my body shape after getting me to try on the big selection of gowns in her bridal boutique in a bid to educate me on gown fittings hehe. It helped that the experience in her boutique is very intimate - unless some of the bridal shops John and I had visited. Liz goes by appointment basis so as to ensure the bride-to-be feels comfortable when choosing and trying out her gowns. 




The photos from this set of night shoot is so so beautiful on a canvas when printed out.. Want to guess which photo John and I have printed out? ;) It was really hard to choose what we wanted for this night shoot because there are so many things to choose from at Le Fairymeadow! They have everything from lace tents to backdrops and even a real life carriage! 
John and I are looking at even engaging them for styling up our wedding event as we came to know they also provide stage, aisle, ROM deco and many more. Love working with them and they are extremely meticulous down to the smallest detail and I love to work with such individuals (uh-oh, am I speaking like a future bridezilla?) However, that depends on whether we are holding the wedding banquet in Singapore too so...we shall see! ;) 




Amid the warm glow of the low hanging candles in the dusk of evening, we danced away as Fiona captured us being just us. The atmosphere and ambience created by Le Fairymeadow is so romantic and pretty.. We opted for a night shoot not knowing what to expect because it is difficult to do a setup outdoors after the sun sets but this place was magically transformed into a romantic pavilion which is pinterest-worthy I would say..:*)




I don't know how other women feel but I felt so much love and emotions from this shoot. Because being ourselves and not posing for the camera made us natural, most importantly, allowed Fiona to capture these raw emotions which we (especially John) will not be able to emote if we are posing for the camera. All these moments were very intense for John and I as we held small conversations about our love and future, oblivious to the surroundings and Fiona as she moved around us snapping away. 



For this look, Pearlyn got my hair up in a high bun up-do with a pearl head accessory to accentuate the style and soften the look like a ballerina. The makeup emphasis is now placed on my eyes for a more defined and elegant look to match the sophisticated classiness of a night shoot. 



My gown from Le Seine Bridal comes with an incredible bodice and long train in a heavy weighted luxurious fabric with slight sheen. It didn't take me long to settle for this gown in fact, it was the first few gowns which I have picked out and Liz altered this to fit me to a T. There was also no need to wear a tulle underneath as the pleats around the waist is generous enough to form a nice flare from waist down. 







Sharing this because I genuinely believe in the professionalism displayed by Fiona at Smittenpixels Photography, she will be kicking off 2015 with "Destination Prewedding" at a very affordable price. Do contact her for more details! 


PROMO PACKAGE FOR 2014 - 2015 BOOKINGS
Specially for my readers, the lovely wedding vendors mentioned in this post have lovingly extended a promo package for all of you!







Gowns by Le Seine Bridal
Website: http://www.leseinebridal.com/
Instagram: @leseinebridal
Styling and Set Up by Le Fairymeadow
Instagram: @lefairymeadow

Makeup and Hairdo by Pearlyn Law
Instagram: @pearlynlaw

Photography by Fiona from Smittenpixels Photography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smittenpixelsphotography
Instagram: @smittenpixels

*
To thank some other angels who have made this shoot possible,
Nails are done by Eleen from @DolishNailSpa (located in Tampines)
Natural looking lash extension by the kind japanese folks from @graceous_sg (refer to my previous blog post here)
And lastly, to Dr Tan at IDS Clinic who have been taking care of my skin (will share more about them soon), 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

With Love,
Tricia

1 comments

Post a Comment


~